Lead and Asbestos Testing
Lead and asbestos can be scary words for any property owner. You know that they aren't safe materials to have in your home, but what can you do about it? Call Lara's Services Group for safe and affordable lead and asbestos testing, right away!
- Locally Owned and Operated
- IICRC Certified Firm
- Fully Licensed, Bonded and Insured
- Comprehensive Estimates
Lead poisoning is the leading environmental health risk to children in America today. Lead-based paint was commonly used in home and for other purposed before it was banned in the United States in 1978. If your property was built before 1978, any peeling or cracking paint should be inspected for lead contamination.
If lead is ingested, it can cause multiple health issues ranging from nervous system damage to death with the damage being immediate. Lead-based paint is dangerous to everyone, but it poses the greatest risk for small children because it is sweet tasting when consumed and the damage caused while they are still growing and developing is permanent and irreversible. It's important to be aware of symptoms of lead poisoning.
- Loss of Appetite and Vomiting
- Apathy and Stupor
- Hyper-irritability and Clumsiness
- Abdominal Pain and Constipation
- Lethargy and Listlessness
Even at very low exposures, lead poisoning can cause impaired growth, hearing loss, and developmental delays in small children. In addition to ingestion, lead particles can be inhaled, especially when the paint is disturbed. In this way, lead causes a significant risk to adults, especially pregnant women. This can cause many of the same symptoms in adults as children and lead to low birth weights, learning disabilities, birth defects, and still birth.